Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tears in heaven

When I first learn how to play guitar, it was during the summer break at the end of 2008. My first Sifu in this area is Munir. He is a very talented person, he compose so many Raya song for Dunedin community and also other songs. I worked at cherry orchard over the summer break, together with Pojie and Farrael, we all learnt it at the same time.

The first song that Munir taught me was “Mimpi yang Sempurna” by Peterpan as the chords were easy. You only need to strum chord Em, C, G and D. Ok, that’s is not the purpose of this post. What I want to say in this post is that the first song that I really want to learn is tears in heaven by Eric Clapton. At that time, I couldn’t play the song because the song is quite complicated and need very good coordination between your fingers and brain, and my skill at that time won’t allow me. So I decided to not play the song, at least until I am ready to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKlcuEdtGVo

Eric Calpton playing Tears in Heaven.

So, after 3 years (April 2011), I decided to try and learn this very song. It was when I begin my Public health run (it is a 5 weeks run) and I made promise to myself that after I finish this run, I should be able to play this song. I practiced every day, and now, 3 days before I finish my Public Health run, I am able to play this song with confident ;)

To be honest, I am very proud of myself and after 3 YEARS I wait my guitar skill to be good enough, I am able to play my favorite song. It is worth waiting for those 3 years.

And this is the tutorial video that has been accompanied me for the last 5 weeks, credit to the creator of this video. This post also dedicated to you for your kindness to make a video tutorial with tab. I’ll upload the video of me playing the song later :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGTislqyfo


No comments: